Amico Single Zone Valve Box Assembly NFPA
Zone valve boxes shall be an Amico Alert-1 series.
Each recessed zone valve box shall consist of the following components: A steel valve box which can house one shut-off ball valve with tube extensions, an aluminum frame, and a pull-out removable opaque or clear window. Gauges are included.
The valve box shall be constructed of 18 gauge steel complete with a baked white enamel finish. Affixed to the opposing sides of the box will be two adjustable steel brackets for the purpose of mounting the box to the structural support. The steel brackets shall accommodate various finished wall thicknesses of between 3/8” [9.5 mm] and 1-3/16” [30 mm] and shall be field adjustable.
The frame assembly shall be constructed of anodized aluminum and shall be mounted to the back box assembly by standard number 6-3/8” tapping screws as provided. The removable front shall be an opaque or clear window with a pull-out ring pre-mounted to the centre of the window.
|Request a Quote|
Access to the zone shut-off valve shall be by merely pulling the ring assembly to remove the window from the frame. The window can be reinstalled without the use of tools only after the valve handle has been returned to the open position.
The window shall be marked to prohibit unauthorized persons from tampering with the valve with the following silk-screen caution:
“MEDICAL GAS CONTROL VALVE CLOSE ONLY IN EMERGENCY”
The Valve shall be 3 piece ball-type design with a bronze body and a chrome plated brass ball for sizes 1/2” to 2-1/2”. Seats shall be Teflon (TFE) and seals Viton for 1/2”- 2-1/2”. A blow-out proof stem shall be used and the valve shall have a maximum pressure rating of 600 psi [4,137 kPa].
Valve shall be operated by a lever-type handle requiring only a quarter turn from a fully open position to a fully closed position.
The valve shall be equipped with type “K” washed and degreased copper pipe stub extensions of sufficient length to protrude beyond the sides of the box.
Each valve shall be supplied with an identification bracket which shall be riveted to the valve box for the purpose of applying an approved medical gas identification label. A package of labels shall be supplied with each valve box assembly for application by the installer.
Amico products comply with NFPA-99.
- Medical Gas Zone Valves
- Amico Multiple Zone Valve Box Assembly NFPA-CSA
- Amico Multiple Zone Valve Box with Sensor
- Amico Security Zone Valve Box
- Amico Single Zone Valve Box Assembly NFPA
- Amico Valve Alarm Combo Unit
- Allied Half Inch to Four Inch Ball Valve
- Allied Half Inch to Four Inch Dual Port Ball Valves
- Allied Emergency Oxygen Connection Box Assembly
- Allied Zone Valve Box Assemblies
- Amico Ball Valve with Extensions and Dual Purge Port
- Amico Ball Valve with Extensions with Stainless Steel Ball and Stem
- Amico Ball Valve with Extensions for Manifold
- Gauge for Valve Box and Isolation Valve
- Amico Check Valve with Extensions