Amico Security Zone Valve Box
General Specifications of Zone Valve Box:
Zone valve boxes shall be an Amico Alert-1 series.
Each recessed zone valve box shall consist of the following components: A steel valve box which can house two to six chrome plated shut-off ball valves with tube extensions and a stainless steel door assembly.
The stainless steel door frame assembly shall be constructed of 14 gauge stainless steel and shall be mounted to the back box assembly by standard number 6-32 screws as provided. The door shall be spot-welded to the frame with a stainless steel hinge. Access to the box shall be by means of a lock and key.
The medical valve box shall be constructed of 18 gauge steel complete with a baked white enamel finish. Affixed to the opposing sides of the box will be two adjustable steel brackets for the purpose of mounting the box to the structural support. The steel brackets shall accommodate various finished wall thicknesses between 3/8” [9.5 mm] and 1-3/16” [30 mm] and shall be field adjustable.
|Request a Quote|
The Valve shall be a 3 piece ball-type design with a bronze body and chrome plated brass ball for sizes 1/2” to 2-1/2”. Seats shall be Teflon (TFE) and seals Viton for 1/2”-3”. A blow-out proof stem shall be used and the valve shall have a maximum pressure rating of 600 psi [4,137 kPa].
Valves shall be operated by a lever-type handle requiring only a quarter turn from a fully open position to a fully closed position.
All valves shall be equipped with type “K” washed and degreased copper pipe stub extensions of sufficient length to protrude beyond the sides of the box.
The entire valve body and pipe stubs shall be chrome plated to a minimum of 1” [25 mm] beyond the sides of the back box, but in no instance shall the chrome plating be extended to the ends of the pipe stubs.
All pipe stub extensions shall be supplied with suitable plugs or caps to prevent contamination of the assembly prior to installation.
Each medical gas valve shall be supplied with an identification bracket which shall be bolted directly onto the valve box for the purpose of applying an approved medical gas identification label. A package of labels shall be supplied with each valve box assembly for application by the installer.
Amico products comply with NFPA-99, CSA Z7396.1 and CSA Z305.1.
- Medical Gas Zone Valves
- Amico Multiple Zone Valve Box Assembly NFPA-CSA
- Amico Multiple Zone Valve Box with Sensor
- Amico Security Zone Valve Box
- Amico Single Zone Valve Box Assembly NFPA
- Amico Valve Alarm Combo Unit
- Allied Half Inch to Four Inch Ball Valve
- Allied Half Inch to Four Inch Dual Port Ball Valves
- Allied Emergency Oxygen Connection Box Assembly
- Allied Zone Valve Box Assemblies
- Amico Ball Valve with Extensions and Dual Purge Port
- Amico Ball Valve with Extensions with Stainless Steel Ball and Stem
- Amico Ball Valve with Extensions for Manifold
- Gauge for Valve Box and Isolation Valve
- Amico Check Valve with Extensions